Six local high school seniors received Kankakee Valley REMC Operation Round Up scholarships totaling $8,000 at KV REMC’s annual meeting last month.
This year’s $2,000 scholarship recipients were (pictured above):
- Truman Maxwell, Boone Grove High School;
- Samantha Williams, Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Humanities.
The $1,000 scholarship recipients were:
- Rylee Briel, Valparaiso High School;
- Warren Glisk, Boone Grove High School;
- Clare McNicholas, Chesterton High School;
- Andrew Recker, Valparaiso High School (who was unable to attend).
To be considered for the scholarship, students had to fill out an application identifying their involvement in both school and extracurricular activities, awards received and jobs held. Applicants were also asked to write an essay.
Congratulations to these outstanding students who have shown dedication in their classroom studies and commitment to the community in which they live. Kankakee Valley REMC Operation Round Up wishes each of them much success as they continue their education this fall.