In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Nov. 28 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and administrative assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Oct. 31 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker and its impact on the co-op’s financial position. No changes will be made to the tracker at this time.
6. The CEO report was the first item of new business with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the Riverview Energy project.
b. Seibert reported pole treating has begun on the Newtonville and Tell City subs.
c. Seibert and directors Gary Waninger and Randy Kleaving attended an IEC legislative meeting Nov. 19.
d. Seibert reported capital credit retirement checks for 1993 were mailed Nov. 5. The notice of unclaimed funds for 1988-1989 was published on Nov. 26. Unclaimed funds from 1971-1978 become permanent equity of the cooperative as of Dec. 1.
e. Seibert reviewed the following upcoming meeting dates: IEC annual meeting Dec. 3-4, employee Christmas party Dec. 8, LEDC annual meeting Jan. 25, and NRECA annual meeting March 11-13.
7. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory compliance specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted regulatory safety training on Nov. 20. Jay Novotny, regulatory compliance consultant with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted PCB overview and SPCC update on Nov. 20. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
8. The board reviewed the NRECA good governance task force report section 6, director elections.
9. The board approved a resolution for a RUS federal financing bank loan request for the 2019-2022 construction work plan.
10. Director Kevin Waninger, chairman of the wage and salary committee, and Seibert gave a report on a meeting held Nov. 14.
11. Chairman Jeff Vogel and Seibert provided an update on a policy and bylaw committee meeting held Nov. 21. The board approved policy changes recommended by the committee.
12. A budget committee meeting has been scheduled for Friday, Dec. 21.
13. Waninger was selected delegate and Seibert alternate for the NRECA annual meeting to be held March 11-13, 2019.
14. Vogel was selected delegate and Waninger alternate to the NRUCFC annual meeting to be held in conjunction with the NRECA annual meeting.
15. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Nov. 12.
16. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Thursday, Dec. 27.