Commitment to community is one of the seven cooperative principles that guides cooperatives.
One of the ways Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative shows commitment to community is through the Operation Round Up® program — a unique, voluntary program designed to provide financial assistance to worthwhile projects and charities in our surrounding communities.
Operation Round Up works like this: The cooperative rounds up electric bills of participating members to the next dollar. For example, if your bill is $41.70, it would be “rounded up” to $42. Your maximum contribution per year could be $11.88, but generally will be less than that, as the average total per member is $6 per year. Your contribution is tax deductible, and the funds are administered by the PPEC trust board, which is made up of members from throughout our service territory.
Thank you, PPEC members, for donating more than $47,800 to worthy causes in 2016.
The Operation Round Up program began in July 2010, and since its creation, $326,415.96 has been donated to organizations in need. That just goes to show how a little change can truly make a big difference.
To sign up for this program, visit our website at www.PPEC.coop.
Total donated in 2016: $47,845
2016 Donation REcipients
- Antwerp schools
- Antwerp schools: fourth and fifth grade science classes
- Antwerp schools: ID security
- Antwerp schools: third grade
- Convoy Preschool
- Cornerstone Youth Center
- Cub Scout Pack 221 of Kalida
- Divine Mercy Catholic School
- East Allen County Schools
- Friends of the Paulding County Dog Kennel
- Hands of Hope Pregnancy Services
- Hoagland Area Advancement Association
- House of Love Ministry
- John Paulding Historical Society
- Lutheran Outdoor Ministries of Indiana
- Melrose UMC
- Neighbor Link — Van Wert
- Oakwood Volunteer Fire Department
- Paulding Band Boosters
- Paulding County Emergency Management
- Paulding County Relay Cancer Survivors
- Paulding FFA
- Paulding High School
- Paulding Middle School
- Paulding Science Olympiad
- Paulding Soil and Water Conservation
- Payne Elementary School
- PHS National Honor Society
- Putnam County Council on Aging
- Putnam County Farm Safety
- Putnam County Home Care and Hospice
- Putnam County Special Olympics
- Putnam County Historical Museum
- Quarry Farm Nature Preserve
- St. John Emmanuel Lutheran School
- United Way of Paulding County
- United Way of Putnam County
- Van Wert 4-H Exchange
- Van Wert Area Boy Choir
- Van Wert Middle School