In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the Nov. 29 board meeting.
1. All directors were present along with President/CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton.
2. The Oct. 25 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
5. Seibert reviewed the Hoosier Energy wholesale power cost tracker and its impact on the co-ops financial position. No changes will be made to the tracker at this time.
6. The first item of new business was the CEO report with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated directors on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reported on the Town of Santa Claus URD ordinance.
c. Seibert and directors Gary Waninger and Randy Kleaving attended an IEC legislative meeting Nov. 20.
d. Seibert informed the board Stephen Bartels of Eckerty is the new district 74 state representative.
e. Seibert reported on a UUS transformer refund.
f. Seibert informed the board 2018 ACSI survey will be conducted in Jan.
g. Seibert reported capital credit retirement checks for 1990-1992 were mailed Nov. 3. The notice of unclaimed funds for 1984-1987 was published on Nov.20. Unclaimed funds from 1964-1970 become permanent equity as of Dec. 1.
h. Seibert reviewed 2017 member information meeting results.
i. Seibert reviewed the following upcoming meeting dates: IEC annual meeting — Dec.4-5, employee Christmas party — Dec. 8, LEDC annual meeting — Jan. 26, and NRECA annual meeting — Feb. 25-28.
7. Roger Wenning, senior loss control specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperatives, conducted grounds testing and fork lift training on Nov. 16. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims
8. The board approved a resolution for the amendment of the 125 cafeteria plan.
9. Seibert reviewed the avoided rate for small power generation systems rate schedule with the board.
10. A budget committee meeting has been scheduled for Dec. 11.
11. The 2018-2019 strategic planning session facilitator and dates were discussed.
12. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held Nov. 13.
13. The next regularly scheduled board of directors meeting will be held Wednesday, Dec. 20.