In an effort to keep you informed of your cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the April 30 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton. Also present was cooperative attorney Chris Goffinet.
- The March 21 board meeting minutes and April 5 special board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The January, February and March directors’ reports were reviewed and approved.
- The first item of business was the reorganization of the board. Director Jeff Vogel was re-elected chairman of the board, director Michelle Lynch was re-elected vice-chairman, and director Kevin Waninger was re-elected secretary/treasurer.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert updated the board on the city of Tell City’s proposed annexation.
b. Seibert reported the 2017 RUS Form 7 is complete.
c. Seibert reviewed annual meeting attendance and meal numbers from the past six years.
d. Seibert and Waninger attended the NRECA legislative conference April 8-10.
e. Seibert reported the following dates: PCDC annual dinner – April 30, Spencer County chamber meeting – June 7, and CFC forum – June 10-13.
- The 2018 Southern Indiana Power annual meeting was reviewed. The board approved Tuesday, April 16, as the 2019 annual meeting date.
- Chuck Tiemann, safety and risk management instructor with Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC), discussed accident investigation training on March 28. Roger Wenning, safety and risk management instructor with IEC, conducted hearing tests and basic life support training on April 25. John Bullock, safety instructor at Hoosier Energy, conducted substation training and troubleshooting on April 26. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- The board approved 2017 capital credit allocations as presented by Seibert.
- Office/IT Manager Karen Mangum was appointed assistant secretary/treasurer to the board of directors.
- The board approved a corporate donation to United Way.
- Director Kevin Waninger reported on the Hoosier Energy annual meeting held
- Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held
- Director Randy Kleaving reported on an Indiana Electric Cooperatives board meeting held April 18.
- Seibert reported on the NRECA legislative conference held April 9-11.
- Vogel and Kleaving reported on the NRECA director conference held March 27-28.
- The next two regularly scheduled board of directors meetings will be May 30 and June 27.