A voluntary program encouraging members to shift electric use away from the peak-use hours between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
“Beat the Peak” is a free, voluntary program encouraging members to shift electric use away from the peak-use hours anytime between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. The time varies with each peak, and PPEC will notify our members of the specific time frame via social media, text, and/or e-mail. The price PPEC pays for electricity rises sharply during those times, so “Beat the Peak” allows members to help PPEC reduce costs associated with power. This is an opportunity for all our members to save money. By conserving during peak times, you help keep PPEC rates low!
SmartHub is Paulding Putnam Electric Co-op’s free online bill payment system that allows you to report a power outage, receive outage notifications, and monitor your energy use. If you are new to paying your bill online, you will need to create a SmartHub account; however, it’s super easy, and if you run into any issues, our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
If you are already using E-bill on our website, you will not have to create a new account. You will, however, notice more features available to you upon signing on to your account.
Our goal is to provide you with account access on demand for your mobile devices, tablets, and computers. We think you will find this software to be cutting-edge technology with features to assist you in your busy life.
- 24-hour access to account(s).
- E-mail notifications when a new electric bill is generated.
- Special alerts including power outages and peak alerts.
- Electronic payment using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, or an electronic check transaction.
- Payment posting in real time.
- Current and historical billing information and payment history.
- Energy use outlines in graphs.
- A free app for your smartphone or tablet. Download it by searching for “SmartHub” on either Apple’s App Store or the Google Play store for Android devices. Once the app is open, type in “Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative” as the provider.
- Paperless billing.
- Pay multiple accounts with a single payment.
- Report a power outage easily. This feature works especially well for members with multiple accounts.
There are two ways to sign up:
- Through our website at www.PPEC.coop, or
- Download the SmartHub app from from Apple’s App Store or the Google Play store for Android devices. (Both are FREE with smartphones or tablet devices.)