The LaGrange County REMC will be accepting applications from non-profit, service organizations for environmentally friendly projects that benefit LaGrange County.
Projects that could be funded by EnviroWatts grants:
- Develop renewable energy sources and resources.
- Reduce energy use.
- Improve water quality of rivers, streams and underground aquifers.
- Improve air quality of local area.
- Enhance species diversity.
- Create or restore habitat for wildlife.
- Plant trees or native plants.
- Encourage recycling.
- Educate individuals about safe disposal of waste, especially hazardous/ chemical waste.
- Educate the public on local environ-mental issues.
Applications for a LaGrange County REMC EnviroWatts grant can be found at lagrangeremc.com/programs or picked up at our office. Applications are due into our office at 1995 E. U.S. 20, LaGrange, IN 46761 by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 5.
Members who participate in the EnviroWatts program pay an additional 1 cent per kWh for their first 500 kWh, guaranteeing the number of kWh to be generated from environmentally friendly alternative energy sources.That premium is placed in a fund that is used to fund environmentally friendly projects in LaGrange County.
If you would like to participate in the program, please contact us at 877-463-7165.