Running for District 1
Allen and Adams counties: Marion, Madison, Monroe, Preble and Union townships
Joseph Kohnen from Monroeville, Indiana
- Occupation: Senior vice president at iRely LLC
- Years a PPEC member: 10 years
- Activities/memberships: Finance committee member at St. Rose Catholic Church, former member of executive board of directors of American Lung Association of Indiana, former president of Home and School Association for St. Charles Borromeo and former vice president of board of directors for Stellhorn Professional Owners Association
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting with honors at University of St. Francis. Familiar with the cooperative structure from working with more than 100 agricultural co-ops. Developed accounting software. Knowledgeable on financial reporting.
Paul Strack from Monroeville, Indiana
- Occupation: Retired from Water Furnace International
- Years a PPEC member: 33 years
- Activities/memberships: Big Brothers Big Sisters, Miami Tribe of Oklahoma, Sons of the American Legion, USO of Indiana
- Qualifications: I have worked in geothermal technologies for more than 25 years. I have been a member of Paulding Putnam for more than three decades. I am knowledgeable and passionate about energy efficiency and conservation.
RUNNING FOR DISTRICT 6
Paulding County, Ohio: Auglaize, Brown, Latty, and Washington townships; Defiance County, Ohio: Defiance and Highland townships
Dr. John Saxton from Oakwood, Ohio
- Occupation: Retired
- Years a PPEC Member: 40 years
- Activities/Memberships: Vice president of the Chiropractic Association of Ohio, chairman and board member of PPEC, board member of Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives, president and board member of Paulding Area Foundation, president and executive committee member of Marshall Memorial Foundation, member of State Bank Paulding County Advisory Board, president and trustee of Oakwood Development Company, former president and board member of Oakwood Friends of the Library Association
- Qualifications: I’ve taken many courses given by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, thereby earning these certifications: Credentialed Cooperative Director, Board Leadership Certificate and Director Gold.
RUNNING FOR DISTRICT 9
Putnam County: Pleasant, Union, Ottawa, and Riley townships
Dr. Ronald Black from Ottawa, Ohio
- Occupation: Retired doctor of chiropractic (retired from Ottawa Chiropractic Center)
- Years a PPEC member: 40 years
- Activities/memberships: Former board member of Glandorf Park and Glandorf Garden Club since 1990 and former member of Ohio State Chiropractic Association. I received the Jefferson Award for community service.
- Qualifications: I have been in private practice for 44 years and have learned the important aspects of multitasking, organization, communications, crucial thinking and team relationship building. I want to use these skills to be a part of the Paulding Putnam Electric team.
Gary Hayden from Columbus Grove, Ohio
- Occupation: Farmer
- Years a PPEC member: 26 years
- Activities/memberships: Member of Pleasant Township zoning appeals board, Putnam County Cattlemen Association, Putnam County Farm Bureau and Gardendale Church of God
- Qualifications: I have 15 years of experience as a board member, and I value the co-op as a partner of the area it serves. As the current secretary/treasurer of Paulding Putnam Electric board of trustees, I’ve completed training and earned the following certificates: Credentialed Cooperative Director and Board Leadership Certificate.